How to disable the appearance of ads in Android phones
Most websites and Android apps rely on ads for sustainable revenue. However, some ads may be annoying or inappropriate. In addition, pop-ups for ads t
Most websites and Android apps rely on ads for sustainable revenue. However, some ads may be annoying or inappropriate. In addition, pop-ups for ads that appear frequently in other apps, lock screen, and home screen can spoil the experience of using Android phones.
If you are facing the problem of ads appearing frequently in your Android phone, you can stop the appearance of ad pop-ups in the Google Chrome browser, prevent applications from displaying ads in other applications, and other settings that you can set to prevent ads from appearing in your Android phone, which we will explain below:
1- Disable pop-ups and ads in Chrome:
The Google Chrome browser has built-in settings to disable the appearance of unwanted ads. Follow these steps to activate it on your phone:
1.Open the Google Chrome browser in your Android phone.
2. Click the three-dot menu button in the upper corner, and open Settings.
3. Scroll down to Site settings.
4. Click on the option (Pop-ups and redirects).
5. Disable the Pop-ups and redirects option to block pop-ups and ads that redirect you to other sites.
6. Go back to the Site settings page, then click on the Ads option.
7. Turn on the Ads option to block unwanted ads.
Google Chrome does not support downloading the ad-blocker extension in Android phones. Use a third-party web browser, such as Samsung Internet and Firefox. These browsers allow downloading an extension to prevent ads from appearing while browsing the web on Android devices.
2- Disable website notifications:
It's not a good idea to allow every website to send notifications to your Android phone or tablet. Apart from sending useful notifications, some websites may send notifications with junk content, or they send too many notifications annoyingly. In this case you can disable notifications for unnecessary websites by following these steps:
- Long press the Google Chrome app icon and click the (i) button.
- Open (notifications) .
- Go to All Sites notifications.
- Check the list of sites you allowed to send notifications, and how many notifications each site sent within a week.
- Disable the option to allow notifications to be sent to sites that are unknown from the list, or that are no longer interested in following your content.
3- Disable the appearance of ads on the home screen in Android devices:
Ads that appear on the home screen are more annoying than ads in a web browser or notification center. Full-screen ads appear in any app on your phone or tablet. This is because Android allows app developers to request Display over other apps permission for the app to function normally.
Some well-known apps ask for such permissions, including: Messenger to show chat icons on the home screen when a new message arrives, and Truecaller to show an icon on the home screen to identify new callers.
However, some apps trick users into allowing permission and continuing to show ads on the home screen. When you receive such ads, find the name of the app that sent them, and then follow these steps to disable the Allow ads permission:
- Long tap the app icon on your phone's home screen and open the app info menu.
- Scroll down on the app info page, then tap the Display over other apps option.
- Disable the option (Allow display over other apps).
4- Disable the appearance of ads in the lock screen:
Some wallpaper services, such as Glance, display recommendations for some applications, and display news and advertising content in the lock screen. To disable background services on Android phones and tablets, follow these steps:
- Swipe up on your phone's home screen.
- From the menu that appears, click the Settings icon.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap the Lock screen option.
- Click on the Wallpaper services option.
- Turn on option (None).
Some apps offer the option to subscribe to the paid plan to get rid of all the ads that appear while using the app. If you use a specific app a lot, such as YouTube, you can subscribe to YouTube Premium to get rid of ads appearing while using the app.
Post a Comment