How to Remove Day, Date and Month from Menu Bar on Mac
If you are looking to cancel the noise of the Mac menu bar, one way to do so is to remove the day, date, and month from it. This can be easily done by adjusting the settings of your Mac. In this article, we will guide you through the process of removing the day, date, and month from the menu bar on your Mac.
Since you don't want to see the date in your Mac's menu bar, you already have reasons for it. But there are a few I think could be the logic behind hiding the date pointer:
- You want to make room for other app icons on the menu bar.
- Prefer a simple look with as few icons as possible.
- You use a more powerful app like Dato to view history and more.
- You want to hide the date and day from the full screenshots and screen recordings that you take on your Mac.
How to Remove Day and Date from Mac Menu Bar
Contrary to what one might think, the option to remove the date from the menu bar is not in the general date and time settings. Instead, it is hidden in the Control Center settings.
1) Click the Apple icon and choose System Settings in macOS Ventura.
2) Select Control Center from the sidebar.
3) Scroll down and tap Clock Options next to Clock.
4) Click on the drop-down menu of "Show History" and set it to Never. Immediately, you will see that the date disappears from the top right of the menu bar.
5) If you don't want to see today's day, turn off the "Show day of the week" switch.
6) Finally, click Done.
Are you using an older version of macOS?
To hide the day and date on macOS Monterey or macOS Big Sur, go to System Preferences> Dock & Menu Bar> Clock and uncheck the "Show day of the week" and "Show date" box.
Is it possible to hide time from Mac menu bar?
There is no key to remove the clock from the top menu bar of Mac. However, you can go to System Settings> Control Center> Clock options and choose the analog clock style, which will replace the digital clock and reduce the size of the time indicator, thus freeing up more space for your other symbols.
Post a Comment