How to use a WhatsApp account on multiple phones
WhatsApp has started rolling out a new update that allows users to run one WhatsApp account on up to four smartphones simultaneously, similar to how WhatsApp works on web browsers, tablets, and computers. This feature improves the user experience as previously users could only run the account on one phone and three computers at the same time, but can now use it on up to four smartphones at once.
Here's how to use your WhatsApp account on multiple devices:
- Install the WhatsApp application on your new phone, or on a second phone that you want to use.
- Agree to the notifications and permissions requested by the application, and when asked to enter your phone number, click on the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner.
- Click on the "Link a Device" option, and a QR code will appear for you to scan.
- Go to your primary phone with WhatsApp installed, then tap on the three-dot icon located in the upper-right corner.
- Select "Linked Devices" and then choose "Link a Device".
- Use your camera to scan the QR code that appears on your new phone.
Once you complete these steps, you will be able to use one WhatsApp account on both phones, where WhatsApp chats will be synced between them, allowing you to send and receive messages on both phones simultaneously. It's worth noting that WhatsApp has confirmed that using the same WhatsApp account on multiple devices will not affect privacy, as this feature supports end-to-end encryption, including voice and video calls.
However, if you do not use your WhatsApp account on the primary phone for more than 14 days, WhatsApp will automatically log out from all associated devices.
The same thing can be done with computers .
Post a Comment